- Everyone's keeping an eye on Libya. So far, the rebels have stormed Tripoli, taken over control of the media apparatii and have three of Moammar Gadhafi's sons in custody, all while squaring off against the dictator's forces. The next time you see that rather colorful individual, he may be in chains. Or dead.
- And if everyone's not keeping an eye on that, then perhaps they were too busy dealing with the 5.8 magnitude earthquake that struck not far from Washington D.C. Freepers and Teabaggers expecting D.C. to split into two and be swallowed into the earth like a bad natural disaster flick were sorely disappointed.
- Rep. Maxine Waters went ham on the Tea Party and told them they could all go one-way to a nice and toasty place. Good on her. Tea Party supporters lost their monocles in shock over the news. Maybe they should pack up a few of those sugar-coated Satan sandwiches for a nice snack along the way.
- “Bank of America. We’ll help you out.” From James Mahoney's lips to Rick Perry's ears. So I guess Ricky Goodhair doesn't have to worry about having insufficient funds during his presidential campaign or at any other point afterwards.
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich thinks applying for $176 million in unemployment insurance funds courtesy of the 2009 Recovery Act makes no sense. His unemployed constituents may think otherwise. Too bad they aren't corporations.
- The Hoyas managed to patch things up after their on-court brawl with the Bayi Rockets. Good on them.
- Dominique Strauss-Kahn is officially off the hook, after New York State Supreme Court Justice Michael Obus threw out the sexual assault charges brought against him back in May for his alleged sexual assault of a 33-year-old immigrant maid from Guinea. Given Strauss-Kahn's status, wealth and connections, you could have bet your entire life's savings on him being let go. Rumor has it this isn't the first time he's been accused of this.
Remember, folks, a well-respected national representative trying to get President Obama to focus on the black community's issues is being "hate filled and racist." Witness the color-arousal caused by a "hateful racist" disturbing the sanctity of Obama's racial neutrality. Notice the rhetoric from the so-called "Libertarians" -- these guys wish they could be conservative, but want all of the perks of being mistaken for liberals and can't bear to accept the stigma of being conservative or associate with the loonier Teabagger wing of conservative ideology. These guys can go eat dicks.