• Thou Shalt Not Have Negroidal Beings Bag Thy Groceries.

    “Wait a minute, don’t touch my groceries. I can’t have someone negroidal touch my food. It’s against my creed,”
    While Texans prepare for a post-Obama re-election civil war and possible UN takeover*, one Texan is making a brave stand against...some black guy bagging his groceries. Seriously.

    A Hawkins man is claiming his civil rights and religious freedom were violated earlier this year when a black man sacked his groceries and a Big Sandy grocery store owner banned the customer from the business.

    DeWitt R. Thomas filed a federal lawsuit in July against Keith Langston, owner of Two Rivers Grocery & Market.

    According to the lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court in Tyler, Thomas entered the market on March 5 to buy food.

    He stated in a nine-page, hand-written lawsuit that he told the grocery sacker, a black man, “Wait a minute, don’t touch my groceries. I can’t have someone negroidal touch my food. It’s against my creed.”

    Thomas claimed the cashier was “perplexed” by his request and yelled at him to take his items and leave.

    In a telephone interview Wednesday, Thomas said, “It’s pretty simple. They treated me really bad because I told them it was against my creed.”

    According to the lawsuit, Thomas went on to explain he meant a black person when he used the term “negroidal.”

    If you're wondering what sort of "creed" prevents him from having someone "negroidal" touch his Lunchables and Capri Suns, you're not alone.

    Thomas said his religious beliefs are based on Vedism, which he said encompasses Hinduism.

    “Vedism translates into knowledge. I am not this way because I am ignorant. Ignorance is the enemy,” he said.

    This isn't the first time anyone's attempted to cloak their racial viewpoints in religious doctrine. Consider Mormon views on blacks in the ministry and the old story of how Shem, Ham and Japheth justified black slavery. Sadly, religion has always served as the last refuge of racist scoundrels.

    A quick glance of Vedism doesn't seem to bring up any red flags about having "negroidal" folks touch your belongings. My thinking is that this could all be a foundation of bullshit used to springboard an otherwise frivolous lawsuit.

    Good on the storeowner for giving this guy the boot. Too bad there are many others just like him, most of them who are just a bit smarter to keep their mouths shut and not embarrass themselves in public.

    *It's funny how the same people who'd probably vote for a property tax increase to keep the captivating Kenyan's claws off the country would most likely scream in terror if their taxes were raised for anything else.