• I Couldn't Think Of A Good Title, But It Has Something To Do With Ted Nugent.

    "I'll tell you this right now: If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year."
    The above quoted didn't come from some shut-in FReeper on his Gateway 2000 and its blazing fast 56k connection. It came from Ted Nugent. Don't know who Nugent is? He's the guy who made "Cat Scratch Fever." Still don't know who he is? Don't feel bad. Most people wouldn't know who Jason Newsted was, either.

    I wonder why he thinks he'll be either dead or incarcerated after Obama wins his second term. Is he planning to make a cross-country trip on a coke/meth/hooker run while keyed up on PCP and "shrooms," only to OD or wind up in the slammer after the cops box in his rented Winnebago and drag him out in his undies, kicking and screaming all the way?

    I'll admit, I'm not a rock fan. Never was. From what I hear, Nugent's talent was a marginal one and his appearances in the spotlight came about from controversy stemming from his conservative views. If I didn't know any better, I'd say that the above was simply a way for Nugent to get some well-needed media exposure. Some might say that negative attention beats no attention at all.

    And since I'm not a rock fan, I'll let someone who's more familiar with the genre explain why Ted Nugent made such a monumentally stupid statement against the president. Tom Degan has a post up on why "The Nuge" deserves a dunce cap and some time in the corner.